| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||16.3MB (17,177,896 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812.00 installer file has a size of 16.3 MB (17,177,896 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.0.0812
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 16.3 MB (17,177,896 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- http://get.live.com/messenger/overview (Mismatch)
- Direct Link:
- N/A (Broken)
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 7415E90F HAVAL: DBEFEAF6247D5F50326A2F3D9A0F0D59C8DDC2271F4C842BFA2C28EB0BC99E7F MD2: EEB352B30226D227556A030D004145E6 MD4: FE9157143EF6E355261253A44503F4F5 MD5: 889411BC5C859AAF1CE2BA2972395A02 RIPEMD-128: 3237F54EEE75F5A90938FC1F2869ECE5 RIPEMD-256: 6766E81E7C787E35B6C0FFB08785623C3DB9182A39A81F2C16B8B66384538472 RIPEMD-320: 56EF332E360EAB62AE8ADB2DFC1E60D484C32D14077BB0371748175362191AE1E5FED555E9EFC741 SHA-1: 7BFAC8E69084E0FA0AFF98FA914D1C0DDEDEF275 SHA-512: 7886C5CD9EF0F8B83D03344CEF2D6F90B62101DE5F383DCB280872AF958A698C2500E92B7AFFE245A19F8CCCE61248A27C28CDB1DE172B188EE30A62FD3AA129 Tiger: 969D9FE643C30610B27B928F675FEAB6BAE960D5DBD9A146 Whirlpool: AAEDAE66050E80B98E3B804CB34D33A01627EE7BD3E7D45BE0DEE2F74AE74A5B60B5B7BEEE4E48EC98DFF4E1752ABB6126DBA9EDB5BADCFE2649962884F4910D
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Added optional Windows Live Toolbar
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger