| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||16.3MB (17,160,704 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1288.816 Beta installer file has a size of 16.3 MB (17,160,704 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: N/A
Product version: N/A
File type: Windows Installer Package (.msi)
File size: 16.3 MB (17,160,704 bytes)
File description: N/A
File version: N/A
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- http://get.live.com/en-us/WL/config_all (Mismatch)
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: A3855BA2 HAVAL: 7FB083D761F7F80F2024D7ACBE7769343DB9062B9D75004AB701409D403E5A7A MD2: AC89A931128A2ECD9028801B97B3F186 MD4: 2C43056ADA14678B6683CC216F21B089 MD5: 70AEDFC625D80E463376E551F799E080 RIPEMD-128: 2BAE6518B964E67C188DE53E1B76AE54 RIPEMD-256: 529D454E17EFC60EB213D6B21E016759602119623A3F81B12299AC8DB4BF4AC0 RIPEMD-320: 1BB68FFC3B2714811CD899C7249ACCBA4769B30CFCF5E43741AABCB1E87084551C7898C7F2F39507 SHA-1: F1BAA0AD5516DEB0DD8A93AEC8C823147765D2A6 SHA-512: 1DB744815A5540CA228E10929E0A408EA08CF3091D0F364D0786A8E2377EFA34A8BBD67519E33DB4242E1A4EC9F7D542D2E189B219031CB8C094C049AFA07EC4 Tiger: 49DBF43A3384601001CA5366DD3DA5B5EF0C769B89575551 Whirlpool: D91792EBFA602A54553EC18BE7D0A59252315E7D8BDBFB05BC5D8AE1FFA417A97E1930DFD26164BD7FF7F93B05CA53BEF800E5A6018EE1F74A5CEECFC26AD167
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Slightly darker default header color
- Version 2008 label instead of 8.5 in the About window
- Various bug fixes
- Integration with new Windows Live Installer
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger